As an expert in the field of Linked Data and Dynamic Case Management (DCM) we regularly provide training on these topics. As a partner and sponsor of communities like Platform Linked Data Nederland we find it important to encourage knowledge sharing, and we actively contribute to this.
Taxonic offers, as an official partner of TopQuadrant and of Semantic Web Company (SWC), training on the different software solutions and product suites offered by these vendors. In addition, Taxonic offers courses on general topics.
What is SKOS and Linked Data and how can they be used? Linked Data is a hot topic and SKOS is even an obligatory standard for Dutch public sector organizations. During the half day introduction course “SKOS & Linked Data” you’ll get a good impression of the possibilities SKOS and Linked Data have to offer. The main focus is on SKOS and the way this standard is used in semantic search, making content findable, publishing vocabularies, thesauri, reference data, and so on. Prior knowledge of Linked Data is not necessary. The course is intended for decision makers and consultants with limited interest in technology. The workshop’s content can be tailored to your specific needs.
The following topics will be covered:
- The promise of Linked Data: history and relation with the World Wide Web
- SKOS: Simple Knowledge Organization System. Is it more than an online thesaurus? What is it and what can it be used for
- A bird’s eye view of the technology behind Linked Data: the RDF framework, triples, OWL and the query language SPARQL. What does it mean for the Web en for IT?
- What is semantic search and what is happening on the Web?
- Examples of SKOS applications
- What does SKOS result in: the business case
- Which tools and standards are available?
- How do you do a SKOS project?
- Where can you find more information about SKOS and Linked Data?
Contact us for more information about date, price and location.