Asset Management at Schiphol
Schiphol has outsourced asset management to multiple parties, creating an integration challenge with various subcontractors and main contractors. This challenge was solved by using Linked Data for the central system.
Taxonic built an asset management solution based on TopBraid EDG to merge various data streams into a single composite dataset, optimizing Schiphol's asset management.
The design of this solution, the Central Data Provision (CDP), has the following features:
- A single place to find the maintenance status of assets (elevators, etc.)
- Incoming data streams have different models and can be flexibly integrated.
- Asset data must remain separate from the application
- Semantic unambiguity through the use of a central ontology
- Data is accessed through APIs
This CDP feeds multiple systems with relevant data, such as Electronic Document Management System (EDMS) and Schiphol Maps.
Taxonic manages this CDP under a multi-year contract by:
- Monitoring the availability of the CDP
- Checking and reporting on data quality
- Designing improvements in the ontology
- Implementing upgrades of the application software and ontology